Understanding More About Nothing Than Anybody Ever Thought Impossible or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Music
After having spent 2 years traveling and touring, learning and loving, failing and succeeding, changing and staying the same, having way too many good times, and doing ten billion other life-well-lived things that brought them a little bit closer to death, Animal Nation is ready to present some of those experiences, in song form, to the public.
"Understanding More About Nothing Than Anybody Ever Thought Impossible or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Music" will be Animal Nation's 3rd album, coming out just over two years since the release of their last studio effort, the "TimeZone [EP]". 'Understanding' is Animal Nation's most diverse record to date, completely raising the bar sonically, instrumentally, lyrically, and radically. It is somehow both the most personal and emotive record to date, while also being the 'funnest' album the group's ever made. The 13 song, 45 minute LP ranges in topics between condom safety (The Fez), the cute girl that works down the street (Her Dangerous Smile), mythical flying beasts (Sky Fish), and beyond, and flows seamlessly, with samples, skits, and interludes setting up the story for each upcoming track.
Order a physical copy of the album in Compact Disc format, sporting album art by Taka Sudo, as well as a 12 page comic by Kent Osborn (writer for Sponge Bob Square Pants television show and movie) featuring the animated adventures of Animal Nation through song titles.
All orders will also ship with all sorts of stickers, pins, and other fun Animal Nation goodies.
We dropped so much steaming hot science into this album that we absolutely guarantee that you're bound to pick up on something on there. The songs we have on myspace sound great by themselves, but the album needs to be heard as a whole to fully get experienced-out on it.
...I'm not sure if that made sense, and I'm not sure when this turned from 3rd person to 1st person, or why I was writing in 3rd person in the first place, or how the writing style is related to what I'm about to bring up, but here's a list of the tracks on the album, as well as the people that made the music for them.
1. Soul Station with music by Milla
2. Party Animals with music by Linus Stubbs
3. Money with music by Millz
4. Caribbean Nights and the Electrifying Technicolor Dreamscapes with music by Hunchback Esquire
5. The Fez with music by Nic & Jaq
6. Her Dangerous Smile with music by Samix
7. Wooden Roller Coaster ft. Ali Milner with music by Sebastian "Jaq" Hochstein
8. The Me in Me (Watching From Above and Behind) with music by Sebastian "Jaq" Hochstein
9. The Caper ft. Mat the Alien with music by Hunchback Esquire
10. Feels Real with music by Millz
11. Sky Fish with music by Animal Nation
12. Street Shadows with music by Linus Stubbs
13. Paradise's Paradigm with music by Animal Nation
Pre-Order "Understanding More About Nothing Than Anybody Ever Thought Impossible or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Music" now!
Want more "Understanding..." news?! Check out our Interview With The Artist - Taka Sudo!