Friday, March 6, 2009

Understanding... Release Date Announced!


Hi!

We found a release date!!

The long awaited, hopefully anticipated, 3rd album from Animal Nation will hit digital shelves on May 24th, 2009... My birthday! Queen Victoria's birthday! Bob Dylan's birthday! "Understanding More About Nothing Than Anybody Ever Thought Impossible"'s birthday!!!
We're also going to have physical copies available for sale. Make sure to pre-order yours next week! The physical copies will feature art by Taka Sudo, a comic of our adventures through song titles (huh?) written by the amazing Kent Osbourne, a few bad stories written by me, and all sorts of stickers, pictures, and other fun trinkets. The physical copies will go on pre-sale one week from today. Friday the 13.
Two Friday the 13's two months in a row! Ohmy!

We'll be releasing more information on the album as the release date grows closer, so stay tuned!

I would also like to give a huge thanks to everyone who helped us put this project together in any way at all. We spent so much time making this album (not by Guns 'n Roses standards...), and logged so many hours, that it's nice to actually have it finished, but at the same time I'm sad to see it go - to have it change into something unchangeable. The album is done, it sounds amazing, I'm 300% satisfied with it, but in pressing it we'll be cementing everything we've created. Mike and I have been working on some of these songs for nearly 2 years now, shaping and re-shaping them, so to call them 'complete' feels kind of strange. I feel like I'm helping my kids off to college! ('Cause I totally know what that feels like...)
We hope that you will enjoy listening to what we put so much of ourselves into.
Never gonna do it without my fez on.

Until then, tide yourself over by downloading our last CD, TimeZone, for FREE by clicking here.

Thank you.



-Steige.


Want more "Understanding..." news?! Check out our Interview With The Artist - Taka Sudo!

No comments:

Post a Comment