Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Albums of Influence - Atmosphere's "Lucy Ford"

This album was such a huge influence on me when I first heard it that it literally and completely changed the music I listened to, the people I hung out with, and the way I lived my life.
This album taught me that you don't need a "dope whip" or "bling"to meet girls, and that 50 Cent, despite having been shot 9 times, isn't really that cool.
This album is like the "Velvet Underground" of hip hop. It's so basic, and yet so captivating at the same time. It was the first record I ever heard that made me think "You know, I bet I could do this too..."


You can download the entire album for free here.
If you dig it, make sure to buy their next album, check out a show, or buy some Atmosphere merch.
Slug needs a new pool.

Here's Slug (the vocal half of Atmosphere) turning a threat into one of the best love songs ever written.


Other Atmosphere album honourable mentions include: Seven's Travels, Sad Clown Bad Dub II, and When Life Gives You Lemons You Paint That Shit Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment