Friday, June 24, 2011

New Album - Every Day In The Life - coming this fall on UrbNet.

Hello friends!

We're going to be releasing a new album in the fall. It's going to be one of two solo albums by Animal Nation.

It is going to be so freaking AWESOME.

I did all the production on it, and I learned a bunch of instruments making it, and recorded all the vocals in this creepy old barn in a run down town called Woodville in Ontario, and I moved to Halifax to write all the lyrics, and I wrote nearly every day at a hidden little beach at the end of South Street, and it's a concept album! A real concept album! Not a concept album in the sense that Sgt. Peppers is a concept album, but more so in the vein of Prince Paul's "A Prince Among Theives". An album that tells a story from start to finish, and nearly every song connects to the next song, and I spent way too long in my house being really antisocial making it, and I had this really cool girlfriend at the time who I left for some reason because I couldn't do anything but think about making this album and now I kind of regret it a little maybe, but it's cool, because it is so freaking AWESOME.


Change it to 720p for better sound quality.

I'm in the middle of making a music video for my favorite song on the album right now. It should be done around September. I'm filming it myself. I have no idea what I'm doing.
Until then, above is the other half of Animal Nation - Mike's favorite song on the new record. The track is called "Brush Your Teeth (Ch-ch-ch-ch)", and pays a serious homage to the man that steals kids hearts (not literally), Raffi.

Make sure to check out the CBC radio3 Animal Nation site to hear new music by us as well. We might just happen to have an EP coming out together in the fall that I'm not really supposed to mention...

Soon!
-Tall Man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment