Saturday, February 14, 2009

Golden Brown (The Lasagna Song) / Sky Fish (Sky Fish, He's Such a Fly Fish!)

Golden Brown (The Lasagna Song)

Mike and I had always planned to make a music video for the 'Lasagna Song', the story of an epic battle between a gourmet sous-chef and a ready-made meat lasagna, but never managed to scrape together enough spare cash. With the upcoming release of our new album, "Understanding More About Nothing Than Anybody Ever Thought Impossible or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Music", we figured we'd better put something together before our last album, "TimeZone", became 'dated'... (What's it matter if it's new? It's all old eventually....)
So, to cut my rambling short, here is the Golden Brown video that we put together with 8 hours of spare time, a bunch of help from a bunch of friends, and $0.




Make sure to download our last album, "The TimeZone [EP]" here for free, before our manager loses it and tells us that the reason we can't afford to make good music videos is because we keep giving our music away for free. :D

Sky Fish

We've been slowly leaking our upcoming album "Understanding More About Nothing Than Anybody Ever Thought Impossible" through myspace a few tracks at a time in an effort to bring attention to 'National Banana Safety Awareness Half-Day', as well as the fact that our new album is dropping fairly soon. The latest play list addition is my personal favorite from our new album "Sky Fish".
The story behind this track flies somewhat as follows:
I knew that I wanted an old-school sounding track for our new album, so when Mike came back from a camping trip talking about a 'Sky Fish' I was so intrigued and inspired that I spent the next 2 weeks putting together the music and samples for what quickly became my favorite piece of music I've ever made. Mike wrote a wonderful little ditty about his 'Sky Fish Experience' after Ali Milner and I recorded the intro, and the whole thing came out ridiculous and awesome.
I've been listening to De La Soul's "3 Feet High and Rising" on repeat for the last 6 months, so that definitely made its way onto the track.
I like to think that this is our De La track.
That sounds fun.

Check it out on our myspace page now!

-Steige!

Want more "Understanding..." news? Check out the Track Listing and Album Cover! Or check out our Interview With The Artist - Taka Sudo!

No comments:

Post a Comment